FRev Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) will handle personal information of users who use the services provided by the Company (the “Services”), as follows.
The definitions of terms used herein are in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “APPI”) and all relevant laws and regulations.
- Compliance with Relevant Laws, Regulations, Guidelines, etc.
- Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will acquire personal information by lawful and appropriate means to the extent necessary for its operations. The information to be acquired by the Company includes the following:
- Information entered by users when they apply for a subscription to the Services (name, address, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, credit card information, etc.)
- Information collected by the Company in cases where users use a terminal or mobile terminal when using the Services (terminal identifier, mobile terminal identifier, IP address, location information, etc.)
- Intended Uses of Personal Information
The Company will use personal information within the scope of the following intended uses or the intended uses that are obvious from the situation in which the personal information was acquired, and the Company will not use personal information for any other purpose without the consent of the user or unless permitted by law:
- Receiving applications for subscriptions to the Services.
- Contacting users when providing the Services.
- Confirming the identity of, and otherwise managing, users of the Services.
- Signing contracts related to the Services.
- Settling payment for use of the Services.
- Managing and improving the Services.
- Providing information on renewals of the Services, promotional information on the Services, and other information related to the Services.
- Conducting questionnaire surveys related to the Services.
- Creating statistics and conducting various marketing research.
- Responding to inquiries about the Services from users.
- Resolving problems related to the Services.
- Exercising the Company’s rights related to the Services.
- Developing new services by the Company.
- Other activities necessary for the appropriate and smooth performance of all services provided by the Company, including the Services.
- Outsourcing the Processing of Personal Data
The Company may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information to an outside entity(ies) in order to facilitate the Company’s operations and to provide better services. However, personal information entrusted with such outside entity(ies) will be limited to the minimum necessary information to perform the outsourced services.
- Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
The Company will not provide any personal data to any third party except: (i) in the case set forth in the preceding article; (ii) with the prior consent of the user; (iii) where permitted by law; or (iv) in other cases specified below:
- In cases where the Company contracts out all or part of the handling of personal data to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose for which such personal data is used.
- In cases where the Company discloses personal data when transferring shares in the Company or carrying out a merger or other reorganization, or a business transfer, or any other transaction similar to any of the above, or when conducting research or negotiations prior to any of the above transactions.
- In cases where the Company is required to cooperate with any agency of the national government or with any local government or with any contractor of any of the above in the execution of any statutory affairs of such agency or local government or contractor and where the acquisition of the user’s consent may hinder the execution of such affairs.
- In cases where such personal data is provided to an information collection module provider pursuant to Article 7.
- Management of Personal Data
- Ensuring data accuracy
The Company will keep personal data accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary to achieve the intended uses and will strive to delete any personal data that the Company no longer needs to use.
- Safety management measures
The Company will provide supervision necessary and appropriate for the prevention of leakage or loss of, or damage to, personal data and for other safety management of personal data.
- Supervision of employees
When allowing its employees to handle personal data, the Company will provide necessary and appropriate supervision by ensuring that the proper handling of personal information is thoroughly known to all such employees and by providing appropriate training to them.
- Supervision of contractors
When outsourcing the handling of personal data, the Company will select as the contractor a partner which has taken appropriate safety management measures, and the Company will provide necessary and appropriate supervision to such contractor.
- Use of statistically processed data
Based on personal data provided to the Company, the Company may create statistical data which has been processed to make individuals unidentifiable. The Company is entitled to use such statistical data without any restriction.
- Any user who wants to disable cookies may do so by changing the settings of his/her browser. However, disabling cookies may prevent normal use of the Services.
- In addition to the activities set forth in paragraph (1) above, the Company may acquire, by using Google Analytics, information on electronic communication terminals used by users when using the Services (terminal identifier, IP address, location information, cookies, usage logs, etc.) and may use such information to analyze personal information on users, to measure and analyze website usage using the results of such analysis of personal information, and to improve the relevant website. For details of Google Analytics and for opt-out, please visit: Google Analytics Terms of Service and How Google Uses Information from Sites or Apps That Use Our Services.
- Upon receipt from a user of a request for notification of the intended uses of retained personal data of the user, the Company will notify the user of such intended uses without delay except in the following cases:
- In cases where the intended uses of the retained personal data identifying the user is obvious.
- In cases where the requested notification may impair the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the user or any third party.
- In cases where the requested notification may impair any rights or legitimate interests of the Company.
- In cases where the Company is required to cooperate with any agency of the national government or with any local government in the execution of any statutory affairs of such agency or local government and where the requested notification may hinder the execution of such affairs.
- Upon receipt from a user of a request for disclosure of retained personal data of the user, the Company will disclose such retained personal data to the user without delay except in the following cases:
- In cases where the requested disclosure may impair the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the user or any third party.
- In cases where the requested disclosure may cause significant hindrance to the proper execution of the Company’s operations.
- In cases where the requested disclosure would violate any law or regulation.
- Upon receipt from a user of a request for correction, addition or deletion of retained personal data of the user, the Company will conduct an investigation without delay and will take appropriate action based on the results of such investigation.
- Upon receipt from a user of a request for deletion or suspension of use of retained personal data of the user, the Company will take appropriate action if such request is found well-grounded.
FRev Co., Ltd.
9F Win Aoyama
2-2-15 Minami -Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Akiko Ide, Representative Director
Established on: August 5th, 2019